Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 8 Hansard (9 August) . . Page.. 2893..
(Question Nos 365 and 366)
Ms Tucker asked the Minister for Education and Attorney General, upon notice, on 2 May 2001:
In relation to the management of the Futsal slab in Acton Park:
(1) Has the Government entered into an agreement with any organisation to manage this facility.
(2) What is the name of the organisation.
(3) When was the agreement entered into and when will it expire.
(4) What tender process was followed in making the agreement.
(5) What services are provided by the organisation under the agreement.
(6) What payments are made to the organisation for these services.
(7) What events or activities have been arranged for the Futsal slab since its construction, and what payments have been received for use of the facility.
Mr Stefaniak: The answers to Ms Tucker's questions are:
(2) The YMCA of Canberra Inc and ACTSPORT operating as the Lakeside Arena Management Group.
(3) A memorandum of understanding covering the management function was signed in November 1997. The term of the initial memorandum of understanding was initially established until 31 December 1998, then extended until 31 December 1999 or until such time as an alternative agreement was determined. A new agreement is expected to be signed shortly.
(4) The YMCA of Canberra was approached to manage the facility as a noncommercial community-based organisation with an interest in and capacity for managing this type of community facility.
(5) The identification of events and activities that can be successfully accommodated at the Lakeside Arena, and handling the on-ground event management aspects of these activities. These include liaison with promoters and organisers, National Capital Authority for works approvals, and other government agencies, to ensure the smooth conduct of events.
(6) A daily hiring fee is charged by the YMCA and retained by it. The fee covers the expenses incurred by the YMCA in managing the event.