Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 5 Hansard (3 May) . . Page.. 1550..
Road Safety Council
(Question No 355)
Mr Hargreaves asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the ACT Road Safety Council:
(1) Is the Council still in existence?
(2) If so, (a) who are the members of the Council and (b) when does its term of office conclude?
(3) How are members appointed to the Council?
(4) If the Council has ceased to exist, when did this occur?
(5) Whose decision was it to cease the operations of the Councilg
(6) What were the reasons for its cessation?
Mr Smyth: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) Not applicable.
(3) Not applicable.
(4) The Registrar General advises that the incorporation of the Council was cancelled in July 1995, although I understand the Council effectively ceased operations in 1991.
(5) The incorporation of the Council was cancelled by the Registrar General for failure to lodge three consecutive annual returns. It is not known whether the members of the Council voted to cease operations. No resolution was forwarded to the Registrar General.
(6) The circumstances leading up to the Council's cessation were as follows:
The position of Manager, Road Safety, was subsequently established within the Department of Urban Services, which continues to work in close co-operation with the police on the development and implementation of road safety programs for the ACT.