Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 4 Hansard (29 March) . . Page.. 1255..
Royal Canberra Show-parking
(Question No 341)
Mr Hargreaves: asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to parking at this year's Royal Canberra Show:
1. How many parking infringements were issued:
(a) at the Royal Canberra Show; and
(b) to vehicles parked along Flemington Road.
2. How many areas were signposted as no parking at the Royal Canberra Show.
3. Was Flemington Road signposted as no parking at the Royal Canberra Show.
Mr Smyth: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. (a) The Department of Urban Services has advised that 228 parking infringement notices were issued on the Royal Canberra Show weekend in the areas surrounding Exhibition Park in Canberra.
1. (b) Of these parking infringement notices, 3 were issued on Flemington Road, and a further 91 in road related areas in the vicinity of Flemington Road.
2. Flemington Road, Randwick Road, Sandford Street, Phillip Avenue, Stirling Avenue and A'Beckett Street were signposted as no parking for the Royal Canberra Show. These areas had temporary "no parking" signage applied, in addition to existing, permanent signage. McCawley Street, Adams Place, Cooper Place, Manning Street and Darley Place also had temporary "no parking" signage applied.
3. Yes, as mentioned above.