Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 4 Hansard (29 March) . . Page.. 1221..
Answers to questions
(Question No 331)
Mr Corbell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the current concessional leases for Blocks 2 and 3, section 124, Narrabundah:
1. When was the lease issued.
2. When does the lease expire.
3. Was there any payment for the lease when it was issued.
4. If there was a payment, what was it based on.
5. Is rent payable on the lease.
6. If so what is the annual lease.
Mr Smyth: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
1. The Crown leases for Block 2 and 3 Section 124 Narrabundah commenced on 5 July 1955 and 12 November 1962 respectively.
2. The leases are due to expire on 4 July 2054.
3. Yes, but no premium payment was made.
4. The first year's rent in advance and normal administrative charges were paid at the time of grant.
5. Originally rent at the rate of 2.5% of the unimproved value of the land was payable but in May 1970 the Commonwealth Government abolished land rent for all leases except leases granted under the provisions of the Leases Ordinance.
6. No rent is currently payable.