Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 3 Hansard (8 March) . . Page.. 885..
Former Phillip motor registry site-sale
(Question No 336)
Mr Hargreaves asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the sale of the former Phillip Motor Registry site:
(1) When was the sale concluded.
(2) What was the sale price.
(3) Who is the current Lessee of the site.
(4) What is the intended purpose of the site.
(5) When will renovations or refurbishment commence and conclude.
(6) Is the new activity consistent with the Territory Plan.
(7) Why has there been extensive delay in change from the Motor Registry activity to the current state.
Mr Smyth: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The sale was concluded on 18 October 2000.
(2) The sale price for the land and existing improvements was $2,400,000.
(3) The Current Lessee is Michalis Holdings Pty Ltd and Nikias Property Developments Pty Ltd.
(4) The Lease was granted with existing improvements and additional development nights. The exiting improvements could be incorporated within a new development or demolished in whole or in part and removed from the site. The purpose of the site
permits any one or more of the following land uses:
(5) The lease provides for commencement of construction within 12 months and completion within 36 months from the date of the auction (29 June 2000). It also provides for further time as may be approved by the Territory.
(6) The permitted uses are consistent with the Territory Plan and are subject to the provisions of the Territory Plan.
(7) In 1997 negotiations under the ACT Business Incentive Scheme to attract a major international advanced technology company to Canberra led to the company entering into an ACTBIS agreement in March 1998. The Agreement included the direct sale of the Phillip Motor Registry to the company.