Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 3 Hansard (8 March) . . Page.. 884..
Former Chief Minister-farewell functions
(Question No 335)
Mr Berry asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 28 February 2001:
1. What functions were held by (a) the Government, (b) individual Ministers or (c) any government agencies, to recognise the departure of, or to farewell the former Chief Minister, Kate Carnell.
2. What (a) hospitality or (b) entertainment was involved in such functions.
3. What was the cost of such (a) hospitality or (b) entertainment.
4. Which venues were used.
Mr Humphries: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. The only function held to farewell the former Chief Minister, Mrs Kate Carnell, was a reception hosted by Mrs Carnell on 8 December 2000.
2. (a) The hospitality offered at the reception was basic cocktail food and beverages.
(b) No entertainment was provided.
3. The cost of the hospitality was $825. This cost was met from the Executive Budget.
4. The Business Promotion Centre at Regatta Point was the venue.