Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2001 Week 2 Hansard (1 March) . . Page.. 548..
(Question No 330)
Mr Wood asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 15 February 2001:
In relation to land valuation in the ACT:
(1) Was the outsourced contractor for the 1999 unimproved land valuation, Colin Porter (Vic) Pty Ltd?
(2) What was:
(a) the cost of the contract; and
(b) the duration of the contract at signature?
(3) Did the contract run its full term? If it did not, (a) was it terminated and (b) by whom?
(4) If it was terminated early, why was this so?
Mr Humphries: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The contractor for the 1999 unimproved land valuation was Colin A. Porter (Vic) Pty Limited.
(2)(a) The annual base cost of the contract for the provision of all valuation services to the ACT Revenue Office was $395 750.
(b) The contract was for a period of three years at signature on 24 October 1997. The contract commenced on the letter of acceptance from the Territory dated 16 October 1997.
(3) The contract did not run its full term and was terminated by mutual consent effective on 5 November 1999. The contract was terminated on behalf of the Territory by the then Commissioner for ACT Revenue, Mrs Tu Pham.
(4) Due to poor performance by the contract valuer in some aspects of the valuation contract relating to objection and appeal cases and the need to protect ACT revenue, the contract valuer was released from the final year of a three year contract by mutual consent.