Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1997 Week 8 Hansard (28 August) . . Page.. 2671..
ACT LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
QUESTION ON NOTICE NO. 431
Tenancy Tribunal - Retail Tenancy Applications
In relation to the Tenancy Tribunal and the application of the Tenancy Tribunal Act 1994 and the Commercial and Retail Leases Code of Practice:
(1) how many retail tenants have made an application to the Tribunal since 1 January 1995;
(2) how many applications have been before the Tribunal;
(3) who are the landlords in each cases;
(4) how many retail tenants have withdrawn their applications before the hearing occurred;
(5) what percentage of applications heard have:
(a) favoured the retail tenant; and
(b) favoured the landlord.
MR HUMPHRIES - The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) How many retail tenants have made an application to the Tribunal since 1 January 1995?
I have been advised that since 1 January 1995, the total number of Notices of Dispute received by the Tenancy Tribunal from tenants and landlords is 92. Of these, 83 applications were from tenants and nine from landlords.