Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1996 Week 1 Hansard (22 February) . . Page.. 244..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Question No. 97
Leasehold Administration - Board of Inquiry Costs
In relation to the Board of Inquiry into the administration of ACT Leasehold -
(1) What fee was paid to each member of the Board.
(2) What were the costs of travel, accommodation, meals and other expenses of each member of the Board.
(3) What salary (or salary component) was paid to each member of the secretariat.
(4) What were the costs of travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses of each member of the secretariat.
(5) What fees were paid to Counsel, research assistants and consultants or other people involved.
(6) What were the costs of travel, accommodation, meals or other expenses of Counsel, research assistants, consultants and others.
(7) What is the assessment of the cost of the time of ACT public servants in responding to the requests of the Board and in appearing before it.
(8) What was the cost of office accommodation occupied by the Board and of all office expenses such as photocopying, telephones, postage, etc.
(9) What was the cost of advertising, printing, cars, and any other expenses of any nature related to the Inquiry.
MRS CARNELL - The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) The NSW Attorney General's Department was reimbursed $107,720.00 for:
- the salary of Justice Stein while he chaired the Inquiry for the period 12 July 1995 to 15 November 1995; and
- the salary of Justice Stein's Associate and his Tipstaff for the periods in which they assisted the Judge in this task.
Professor Patrick Troy: $64,800.00
Mr Robert Yeomans: $68,400.00